Hypnosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypnosis

This morning I saw a fantastic hypnotist in my area, her name is Debbie Lane, and she literally changed my life round for me today. I told her my fears about surgery etc., and by the time the session was over, I felt excited - actually excited - about getting this surgery done and moving forward. During hypnosis she had me move forward past the surgery and to feeling a sense of empowerment for having gone through the surgery, and feeling taller and straighter. I could see myself being able to walk round theme parks with my kids and recreational parks, (something that I can barely do right now as walking hurts so bad after ten minutes), and saw myself helping others after having the surgery. It was such a great feeling, and then she had me go back in time to my mother's womb, (I know this probably sounds very strange to some of you but I actually could feel, hear, and see everything as though I was there), it felt so warm and comfortable in there, and I could hear a voice - in my mind this was a spiritual voice - our higher power or God in my opinion, telling me that I was supposed to experience scoliosis in this lifetime as part of my life's experience to making me a stronger person, and that everything will go very well through surgery and I will come out feeling stronger at the end of it all after my recovery period. So this gave me a feeling of calm, and reassurance about it all, it was an amazing session, and boy I needed it, as I was starting to get very very nervous about it all, but now I know that God will take care of me, so that I can continue to take care of my precious sons!

Some of you may think this is all very wacky, as I know some people perhaps don't believe in hypnosis, but for me, having studied it myself and experienced hypnosis first-hand, I know how powerful our minds are and how great it can help change our subconscious, and change our thoughts.

Anyway, just wanted to share with you all how great I feel now. Also I had an EKG and chest x-ray on Monday, both of those results came back great, the blood work results are not in yet, but at least the other tests have come out good so far. This Friday I have my pre-op where Dr. Cronen will go over my MRI's and CT scans and bone density tests with me, confirm what my fusion will be, I will meet with his assistant also, then I go over to the main hospital and fill out my pre-registration papers, and then meet with my anaesthesiologist, and then have some more blood work done. That will be it until April 1st. The time is going by extreeeemely fast, I guess that's a good thing, sooner it gets here, the sooner I get to be on the recovery part of all this.
    Lynette - 44 years old.

Pre-surgery thoracic 55 degrees
    Pre-surgery lumbar 85 degrees

Post-surgery thoracic 19 degrees
    Post-surgery lumbar 27 degrees

Surgery April 1st 2010.

Posterior spinal fusion from T9 to sacrum.
    Dr. Cronen at University Community Hospital - Tampa, FL.

Lynette,
    First, I applaud you for searching for the inner peace you need to get through this very scary, intense experience. As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't matter if you use hypnosis, acupuncture, meditation, prayer, or if you quack like a duck, doing whatever it is that makes you more comfortable and at ease is wonderful! I say good for you!!! April 1st will be here before you can turn around, so use that good feeling to enjoy your preparation and look forward to the new you!
    Becky
    51 years old
    Married 28 years
    3 kids ages 23, 21 and 17
    Fused T-10 through L-5 June, 2008
    Developed junctional kyphosis, flat-back and sagittal imbalance
    Revision Surgery June 27, 2011
    Fused T-4 thru S-1 with pelvic anchor screws
    Take 2 revision October 15, 2013 to locate source of continued pain
    Pseudoarthrosis at L-3, 2 screws removed

Comment

I don't think it's wacky at all and even if it is, if it has helped you, then it's a good thing. I have a friend who teaches accredited hypnosis courses and she's employed but some very high-powered firms, hospices, hospitals, you name it so there are plenty of people who do not think it's wacky.

I am glad you've found some peace before this surgery. Do whatever it takes, I say. <thumbs up>
      Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
      Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
      T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
      Osteotomies and Laminectomies
      Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Lynette--I think it's great--not wacky at all. Whatever gets you there and helps bring about that inner peace is absolutely the perfect answer! Janet
        Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
        Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
        Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
        Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
        T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

Good for you! I've heard a lot of positive things about using hypnosis to treat anxiety. You may have helped many of us here who are planning on having surgery in the future by looking into this. Thanks!
          Laurie
          Age 57
          Posterior fusion w/thoracoplasty T2-L3 Oct 1, 2010
          Thoracic curve corrected from 61* to 16*
          Lumbar curve, unknown measurement
          Disfiguring back hump GONE!!
          Dr Munish Gupta
          UC Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, CA

Comment

Working...
          X