PDA

View Full Version : Big Day Coming

naptown78
03-15-2010, 07:37 PM
Well, I have one more work day , then my nesting day, and then the BIG DAY!!!
Aaaarrrggghhh!!!! I feel like I am forgetting something. Hubby is a trucker, and he is getting home tonight for a month long leave. Getting my hair done on Wed, lol! They told me to go in with NO MAKEUP, NO NAIL POLISH, NO HAIR SPRAY. And NO CONTACT LENSES!
Definitely not a beauty treatment. I might cheat and put a tiny bit of blush, and a little hair spray. Sheesh.

Tomorrow at work, I have to turn in my computer, my cell phone, and my company car. Feels like I am losing my job. But its company policy when you go on leave to turn in all equipment. Still.....

Wednesday, packing my bag with loungey pants, T shirts, warm socks, toiletries, my glasses, my Ipod, my Blackberry, robe. What am I forgetting??????
Hair Appt., Wash my Sheets, Vaccuum the Floors, and Last Dinner Out

Making sure my hubby has all my numbers to call. Mom & Dad, Best Friend, Boss, Aunt,Kids
Giving him my sign on for the forum: hopefully he will update, if we leave it up to me, haha I will not be making any sense! I remember sending some weird emails after my first surgery!

Oh Boy...

jrnyc
03-15-2010, 10:27 PM
Hey Kristy
so glad for you that this day is here for you! i know it has been really hard to live with the problems that you have had to deal with...i hope this revision fixes that problem & is your last surgery needed!!
you will be in my thoughts & prayers for a successful surgery & a smooth recovery...leading to the pain free, balanced & straight :) life that you deserve!!

jess

txmarinemom
03-15-2010, 11:05 PM
Wednesday, packing my bag with loungey pants, T shirts, warm socks, toiletries, my glasses, my Ipod, my Blackberry, robe. What am I forgetting??????

This part actually got me to giggling, Kristy: I packed a whole suitcase full of crap for my surgery, and never changed out of my hospital gown. I arrived the morning of surgery wearing yoga pants, a sweatshirt and flip-flops - and I wore the same thing home. :)

You're not forgetting anything you can't get someone to bring you after surgery, and I know - deep down - you know this. It's just nerves ... and our minds have to stay busy.

I really hope this surgery does it for you and brings you permanent relief!

Hugs,
Pam

Susie*Bee
03-16-2010, 05:13 AM
You're in my thoughts and prayers. I am excited for you-- FINALLY you'll get some resolution to your problem. Praying for a relatively quick recovery for you. Whether it's weird or not, we'll be looking forward to that first post from you! Hugs, Susie

LynetteG
03-16-2010, 05:24 AM
Kristy - I'm praying for an uneventful surgery for you, and that you will be having a quick smooth recovery - it will be great! Looking forward to hearing from you afterward! God bless and hugs!

LisaB
03-16-2010, 08:37 AM
Good luck, Kristy. Hopefully you'll get all fixed up. Keep us posted. What hospital? OrthoIndy or one of the other hospitals?

TobyT
03-16-2010, 09:29 AM
This part actually got me to giggling, Kristy: I packed a whole suitcase full of crap for my surgery, and never changed out of my hospital gown. I arrived the morning of surgery wearing yoga pants, a sweatshirt and flip-flops - and I wore the same thing home. :)

You're not forgetting anything you can't get someone to bring you after surgery, and I know - deep down - you know this. It's just nerves ... and our minds have to stay busy.

I really hope this surgery does it for you and brings you permanent relief!

Hugs,
Pam

I am glad that you are getting your issues resolved! Tammy did all the same stuff you are and just like Pam we NEVER cracked her bag open except on release day for some going home clothes! Good luck to you!!!

Toby

txmarinemom
03-16-2010, 10:28 AM
Tammy did all the same stuff you are and just like Pam we NEVER cracked her bag open except on release day for some going home clothes!

Although I think that's pretty typical, Toby, I always find it funny! :)

I had a medium/large suitcase (the wheeled kind) in which I packed (no, seriously.) enough clothes - and SHOES, no less! - for a week of vacation.

Thank goodness I ALSO packed my hairbrush, ponytail holder, a few books and toothbrush/toothpaste in a tiny bag ... 'cause that's all I touched. The curling iron did NOT get used. I'd discourage anyone from wasting space in their luggage to bring one to the hospital.

If I had to do it all over again, that small bag is all I'd bring ... well, that and my laptop. That's the ONE item I had to ask anyone to bring me the day after surgery, which is when I think I was posting here again.

If I remember correctly, that packed suitcase sat in the corner of my bedroom (waiting to be unpacked) until I was about 2-3 weeks post-op.

Shoes and a curling iron. What the *hell* was I thinking?

Pam

Doodles
03-16-2010, 11:01 AM
That's so funny about never using the stuff you bring. I was convinced I had really narrowed it down due to reading what to bring on here. I too never used anything but the hospital "outfits" and went to rehab in what I came in. I may have used some stuff there but not much. Second week my sister and daughter used the curling iron on me, sort of, after my fake hairwashing with whatever that stuff is. I'm usually super particular about all that & I could not have cared less. Janet

gmw
03-16-2010, 12:10 PM
Kristy -- praying all goes well for you. will look forward to hearing from you afterward.:)

Glenda

mbeckoff
03-16-2010, 02:46 PM
Kristy-You are in my prayers that all goes well for you

Melissa

ADMoul
03-16-2010, 04:16 PM
I didn't need much at the hospital except a really comfy robe. I sat in the chair almost all the time--was so uncomfortable in that hospital bed. Your fusion is the same as mine. I cannot tell you how happy I am at 6 weeks out, even with some complicating issues. Hope this is the end of surgeries for you!
Best of luck!!

JenniferG
03-16-2010, 07:33 PM
All the best Kristy. I hope this signals the end of your problems and you start living your hard-earned and much-deserved pain-free, comfy life again.

naptown78
03-16-2010, 08:02 PM
Had my last day at work today...that was weird, felt like my last day forever. Said goodbye to everyone... My best friend gave me a big gift basket.

About my suitcase: Lol! During my first hosp stay, I did change out of the ugly hospital gown and wore my lounge pants and T shirt. Much more comfy for me. I will not be wearing a brace this time so am super excited about this!

Had to have a last minute x ray today. Apparently my doc was doing his math tonight and decided he needed another xray. It is so hard to stand with my feet together and my hands in front of my shoulders. Felt like I was going to fall over.

Thanks for all the good wishes! I will take them all with me!

CHRIS WBS
03-17-2010, 11:25 AM
My prayers are with you for a successful revision, Krysti. I canít even imagine going through this all over again. It sounds like you have a very supportive family and they will be there for you. God bless you.

allycat
03-17-2010, 12:11 PM
Had to have a last minute x ray today. Apparently my doc was doing his math tonight and decided he needed another xray. It is so hard to stand with my feet together and my hands in front of my shoulders. Felt like I was going to fall over.
Thanks for all the good wishes! I will take them all with me!

Hey Kristy,
When I saw Dr. Devlin a little over month ago, he did a ton of x-rays and one was a side view to look at the balance. He made me do it over because I "cheated" the first time and had my knees bent so I could be straight. He stood in the x-ray room and watched to make sure I didn't "cheat" again. I think that was the final straw in convincing him I was waaaaaay out of balance. I felt like a pretzel even though I was standing as straight as I could!
You know I'm sending good vibes your way, sweetie. I'm going to send you an email in a while. If you have time to read it, great. If not, I totally understand.
B