PDA

View Full Version : Question for Parents of Montreal Spinecor patients

mamandcrm
03-15-2010, 04:58 PM
Hi, can anyone who has had a child x-rayed using the EOS imager tell me in what ways it is different from a traditional x-ray machine, other than the lower dose of radiation? Meaning, how is the child positioned, are shields typically used, are they standing in a room, a smaller enclosure, etc., etc.?

Thanks,

BellasMom
03-15-2010, 07:12 PM
who knows - they never let you in that room ... or at least I was not allowed to go in

jillw
03-16-2010, 10:38 AM
Hi, They do shield the ovaries. On the floor, they have a little wooden foot positioner which will ensure your child's feet are spread the same amount from xray to xray (and hopefully reduce the variations in curve we see in xrays from the child standing inconsistently from appointment to appointment). The child stands in front of a "screen"...actually the screen has two sides to it - almost like 2 little walls (if i recall, when posterior AND lateral xrays are both required, I think the machine takes them both at the same time with the same xray exposure. I could be wrong-it's been a while since i researched it).