PDA

View Full Version : Tammy's surgery successful!!!!!!!!

TobyT
03-09-2010, 09:04 AM
I will make this quick for now, but she is DOING GREAT and the doctors and staff have been amazing!!!

Surgery - 6 hours - T-1 to L-2 have not had post x-rays yet so do not know the correction (I can tell you her shoulders are pretty much even now) Surgeons found A LOT of scar tissue that her body had laid down trying to "self fuse" the vertebrae not unheard of but certainly not very common.

Pain control - PCA (self dosing pump) with Dilaudid dose available every 6 minutes it also has VERY small amount dosed at a steady rate. Pain meds supplemented with Lortab 10's.

She sat in a chair for 30 min first night and briefly stood. This morning she stood for a while and is looking forward to a short jaunt down the hall.....

More to come......

Pooka1
03-09-2010, 09:25 AM
That's so wonderful Toby!

Tammy sounds like she is starting out so well. Onward and upward.

These surgeons are amazing. They are artists.

Take care of yourself, too.

Best regards,
Sharon

mbeckoff
03-09-2010, 09:28 AM
Toby,

That is great news

Please tell Tammy that I am so pleased that everything is going so well for her

Melissa

LynetteG
03-09-2010, 10:28 AM
Toby - that is outstanding news. amazing to hear that she sat in a chair on the first night - WOW - that is really awesome! Thanks for letting us all know :)

ADMoul
03-09-2010, 12:03 PM
Fantastic news!! My best to both of you!

Doodles
03-09-2010, 01:11 PM
That's wonderful news. I am sure you both are very pleased. Good luck through your recovery. Janet

JenniferG
03-09-2010, 03:04 PM
I'm most impressed! Keep up the good work Tammy! Thanks for letting us know Toby. I'll be watching for more updates.

txmarinemom
03-09-2010, 03:08 PM
That's spectacular! I know yesterday was scary for you both, but the scariest part is DONE. :)

It's not often we see spouses invest the time and effort here to be of real support: Tammy, you're a lucky girl!

Looking forward to more good news.

Regards,
Pam

pmsmom
03-10-2010, 06:40 AM
Wonderful news!

We need a "thumbs up" button here just like on FaceBook! :D