PDA

View Full Version : Tammy is in surgery now....

TobyT
03-08-2010, 07:50 AM
They took her back at 7am....they have decided to extend the fusion to L-2.....They said they will call with an hourly update...expected to take 8 hours....I am so scared.......:(

leahdragonfly
03-08-2010, 09:01 AM
Good luck, and please know that many of us here are sending positive thoughts your way. I am sure this has got to be the toughest hours of a parent's life, but you will make it through. Hourly updates will be helpful.

Please let us know how your daughter is doing, and don't forget to take care of yourself, too.

Kindly,

ADMoul
03-08-2010, 11:04 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you. My husband sat through those long 8 hours plus a long night while I was kept sedated and intubated. I think, in many ways, it's just as bad for the spouse and family members. It will be OK!!! You and Tammy will be on the other side very soon.

mbeckoff
03-08-2010, 01:42 PM
Toby,
Soon she will be through and she will pain free and you will be able to see her

Melissa

JenniferG
03-08-2010, 03:32 PM
Waiting is hard! I am sure she's in good hands Toby. Looking forward to hearing how she went.

Pooka1
03-08-2010, 04:45 PM
Looking forward to hearing about Tammy's recovery!

Best regards,
sharon

scoliboymom
03-08-2010, 07:34 PM
By now Tammy will already be out of surgery, I know how scary and long this day has been for you and my thoughts are with you. Wishing Tammy a speedy recovery!!
Ramona

Doodles
03-08-2010, 08:10 PM
Toby--Hope things went well. That's one thing about being the patient--you go in and a few minutes later it seems it's over. Not for the waiting room folks! Also she'll forget a lot of those first few days. It's important to keep the caregiver in good shape since you are really in charge for a while. Stay strong and healthy yourself. Good luck. Janet