PDA

View Full Version : Tammy's surgery less than 18 hours away

TobyT
03-07-2010, 11:17 AM
:So now the time is here, we have planned, we have cried, we have done everything we can to prepare....now the time is here. We will be at the hospital tomorrow morning at 5 A.M. surgery is scheduled for 7 A.M.

I have posted some more pre-op pictures......CLICK HERE (http://www.facebook.com/reqs.php#!/album.php?aid=2053353&id=1487895719&ref=nf).....

Thanks for everyone's help! Boy the time went by WAY TO FAST!!!!!!

Toby

LindaRacine
03-07-2010, 11:26 AM
Tammy has a very unusual looking back.

Is one of the first 2 pictures a bending film?

Pooka1
03-07-2010, 11:44 AM
She progressed ~8* in 3 years started from a 39*. That is not the paradigm.

I think the paradigm needs review.

I have to wonder what really is known about progression potential and rates after maturity. I think the error bars are probably so wide that all bets are off.

Did she wear a brace? That might be related to the idea that bracing delays rather than avoids surgery.

TobyT
03-07-2010, 02:31 PM
She progressed ~8* in 3 years started from a 39*. That is not the paradigm.

I think the paradigm needs review.

I have to wonder what really is known about progression potential and rates after maturity. I think the error bars are probably so wide that all bets are off.

Did she wear a brace? That might be related to the idea that bracing delays rather than avoids surgery.

Ya kinda lost me on that one. No she has never worn a brace. :confused::confused::confused:

Pooka1
03-07-2010, 02:35 PM
Sorry!

Two issues.

I think the paradigm is that if you are <50* at maturity then you can expect no more than a 1* per year progression. Your wife was considerably below 50* and had more than a 1* progression per year.

The second issue is brace wear. Just reading testimonials, it seems like a hypothesis that might warrant testing is whether brace wear only delays versus avoids surgery. It may be wrong... this isn't my field. I'm just saying I would not be surprised if data bore that out. You wife never wore a brace so it isn't relevant to her case.

Good luck with the surgery.

JenniferG
03-07-2010, 03:27 PM
All the very best to you both, Tammy and Toby. Looking forward to the good news once it's over!

LynetteG
03-07-2010, 05:35 PM
You're in my thoughts and prayers Tammy and Toby - looking forward to hearing all the great news when surgery is done! :)

Susie*Bee
03-07-2010, 06:09 PM
Tammy and Toby-- prayers and healing thoughts, from me to you... Hugs, Susie

txmarinemom
03-07-2010, 06:36 PM
Best wishes for a smooth surgery and speedy recovery, Tammy and Toby ... I look forward to good news from y'all soon!

Regards.
Pam

Doodles
03-07-2010, 08:50 PM
Tammy and Toby--Hope to hear of your successful surgery soon. Lots of positive thoughts and prayers coming your way. Janet

RitaR
03-07-2010, 09:41 PM
Well, certainily sending all good wishes adn thoughts your way. Soon you, too, will have joined me on the otherside.
Cheers t you on your wonderful expedient recovery.

RitaR
03-07-2010, 09:58 PM
Rita wanted so badly to write to you all but I think she’s not quite firing on all 8 cylinders yet, in other words still heavy on the drugs.

We are out of the hospital and in hotel in St Louis heading home tomorrow hope to make it in one day but will see how things go.

You are all so important to Rita and she wants to thank all of you for the well wishes and special thought. I will have her write again when she is better frame of mind.

Will have photos to post when we get back to the farm!

Thanks Rick

LynetteG
03-07-2010, 10:47 PM
Rick - Thanks for letting us know how Rita is doing, can't wait to hear from her when you guys get home. Safe smooth journey home tomorrow - give Rita love and hugs.

Vali
03-07-2010, 11:01 PM
Best wishes to you Tammy of a smooth and uncomplicated surgery.

Rick and Rita, have a safe trip home.

mbeckoff
03-07-2010, 11:04 PM
Tammy,
I am glad that we got to written to each one letter .I hope that all goes well tomorrow and Toby please write and let us know when she is out of surgery and how she is doing.

Tammy you are in my prayers tonight

God bless
Melissa

Doodles
03-08-2010, 08:15 PM
Tammy,
Continued good wishes for you as you begin recovery!

Rita,
Don't worry about not being able to post. I'm not sure I still fire on all cylinders according to my husband! It took me a long time before I was able to sit at a computer. Glad to hear you are going home soon. Be sure to take it slow and easy going home. You will need lots of breaks at least every couple hours to walk around a bit. I always thought I was fine and didn't want to get out but then standing is hard. You tend to stiffen up just sitting. Good luck!

Janet