Vertigo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vertigo

I am.. 10 months post op (WOW! can't believe it went this fast) and I am fused from my sacrum to the thoracic area.

Everything has been going pretty smoothly until a few weeks ago. I have been having vertigo (sensation of the room spinning) 3 to 4 times a day.
    Does this have anything to do with my hardware?
    Does anyone else expierence this?

I had a similar experience three years ago. I did some checking on the internet and made an appointment with an ENT. In my case I had BPPV. It will sound weird but the crystals in my right inner ear had come loose and were causing the vertigo. You could at least Google BPPV and see if you have the symptoms. I had some physical manipulation done on my body while wearing eye gear and the crystals were put back in place. It took my body several months to be completely back to normal but now all is fine.

There are also several other conditions that can cause vertigo--medicines, diets too high in salt, etc. Maybe contact your internist. My hunch is that is it NOT related to hardware.

Jennifer

Comment

Bppv

Oh yes, BPPV. I work for a home health care company and this is something that can be corrected by physical therapy. Our therapists are trained in balance therapy.
      May 2008 Fusion T4 - S1, Pre-op Curves T45, L70 (age 48). Unsuccessful surgery.

March 18, 2010 (age 50). Revision with L3 Osteotomy, Replacement of hardware T11 - S1 , addition of bilateral pelvic fixation. Correction of sagittal imbalance and kyphosis.

January 24, 2012 (age 52) Revision to repair pseudoarthrosis and 2 broken rods at L3/L4.

Comment

Had a similar experience a few years back... sudden, extreme vertigo with nausea/vomiting. Ended up in the ER for an overnight stay with the second attack, having CT scans and other tests. Eventually diagnosed as Labyrynthitis....probably viral in origin. Thankfully it cleared quickly but it did leave me with panic attacks........was too scared to leave my house and didn't drive for weeks in case it happened without warning again.
        Glad to report it had no lasting effects and all is well now!

Comment

Working...
        X