Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one leg longer??

Hi all,
    I just had my surgery feb22nd. good times!! I'm in a lot of pain but I'm dealing. Anyway my question is this: My right leg is considerably longer than my left. It makes my shoulders uneven and makes it difficult to walk. The doctor mentioned I might need a lift, but I haven't been to my post op appt yet. Has anyone else had this happen????Thanks

I actually thought that Skye's one leg was longer, however the Nurse and the Doc said she was leaning into her pain or protecting her womb and she would straighten up in a week or so once the pain part of post -op was over. After her first visit with the doctor after surgery he still affirmed this. After her second visit she was standing nice and straight and her hips were aligned. So actually one leg was not longer. Wait for your post op appt and see what the story is. In the meantime relax and heal.

Comment

After surgery I was told I needed a lift. A fairly large one, 2cm. I now wear a lift on the bottom of my shoes. It is sometimes hard to find a place that makes them well though.
      25 years old
      double 70+ degree curves before surgery
      Anterior on 11/11/08
      Posterior on 12/2/08 with titanium rods
      nearly perfect correction
      fused t-10 to pelvis
      with a hemi-vertebral osteotomy at L4

Broke right rod at L4-L5 on 06/26/09
      Broke left rod on 10/24/09
      Revision surgery on 11/5/09 with vitallium rods
      Broke both rods again

Had posterior than anterior revisions on 03/11 at the Twin Cities Spine Center
      Declared "FUSED" on 12/6/11

Comment

I wore a 3/8" lift in my left shoe from 12 to 45. My surgeon said I didn't need it after he straightened me out.

Shari

Comment

My surgeon didnt tell me to get a lift but yes one of my legs is longer than the other one. I think that actually contributed to my curve getting so bad walking on it like that all the time. Because my body readjusted to the leg shortage and then my legs became even but my pelvis was uneven. I hope they can figure something out for you. My surgeon fused me in a way to where its like my legs and pelvis both have a lil uneveness so i wouldnt walk too significantly eneven.
          -Bethany
          pre-op L 74*
          pre-op Th 56*
          surgery scheduled for jan. 6th 2010
          getting nervous

Comment

Working...
          X