PDA

View Full Version : hospital pics

megz
02-24-2010, 08:38 PM
Does anyone else have pictures from when they were in the hospital..Leave it to my sister to snap a few with her cell phone!! ugh this is me when I came right out of my 9hr operation notice how swollen I was..I have to put a before and after so you can see the difference..

Anyone else feel free to post yours heres as well =) love to see pictures!!

Ok So I hope I did this right
First pic is me what I look like normally lol
second is after my first 9hr operation
third is the turtle shell lol

JenniferG
02-24-2010, 11:02 PM
Some good pics to show your kids there, Megz. What I noticed though was:

Back looks amazing and no more Hump! ^_^

I bet you are thrilled with that?!!

How are you coping with the turtle shell? I should imagine you would feel secure in it, after a whopping great correction like you had. Can't wait to see your befores and afters Megz. We might stick you in The Hall of Fame.;)

loves to skate
02-25-2010, 10:10 AM
Hi Meg,
It's nice to put a face to your posts. Thanks for the photos. How are you feeling? Thank God, no one took a photo of me in the hospital. It was bad enough to see myself in a mirror a few days after the surgery.:eek:
Sally

debbei
02-25-2010, 10:28 AM
It's nice to see you, you're lovely!

I absolutely, positively FORBADE my husband from taking any pictures of me in the hospital AT ALL. LOL I didn't want others to see how horrendous I knew I would look, and I didn't ever want to look back and see it myself! :)

titaniumed
02-25-2010, 10:38 AM
Meg

This pic is the only one I have after my surgery.

Thats one of the nursing students with me.

Ed

debbei
02-25-2010, 11:12 AM
Meg

This pic is the only one I have after my surgery.

Thats one of the nursing students with me.

Ed

BWHAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAA!!

You got me there Ed!

LynetteG
02-25-2010, 01:01 PM
Ed you absolutely crack me up - thanks for all the giggles :) :)

Doodles
02-25-2010, 01:55 PM
I've seen enough of Ed's posts that I thought it was a joke--and a good one. I had asked my husband to take one when I came out of surgery cuz I wanted to see how much my face swelled up--I was awful after wisdom teeth. He said it was too bad and didn't do it. He thought he was in the wrong room. Thankfully, it went away pretty fast. Janet

jesscv
02-25-2010, 02:20 PM
hahaha...I chronicled pretty much my whole surgery/recovery saga. Here is the link to all of my photos from exactly 11 months ago!! crazy. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2086081&id=20201376&l=17c74e57e0

debbei
02-25-2010, 02:44 PM
I've seen enough of Ed's posts that I thought it was a joke--and a good one. I had asked my husband to take one when I came out of surgery cuz I wanted to see how much my face swelled up--I was awful after wisdom teeth. He said it was too bad and didn't do it. He thought he was in the wrong room. Thankfully, it went away pretty fast. Janet

Janet,

I'm such a dummy, I think this is the second time I fell for the same picture from TiEd!! :D

titaniumed
02-25-2010, 03:52 PM
Ive looked and looked, thats the best Frankenstein pic I could find.
I feel it was worth posting again.

Debbe,
You didnt really think that was me, did you?
Im not that handsome
Ed

Doodles
02-25-2010, 06:49 PM
Jess--I love your amazing pictures. You had quite an ordeal having to go back in. You look wonderful. I'll be 11 months in just a few days too. Janet

LynetteG
02-25-2010, 07:10 PM
Jess - I loved seeing all your pics - you look great!

RitaR
02-25-2010, 07:38 PM
Wow Jess! You look absolutely great!!!! Congrats on making it to the other side. This time next week I'll be there too.....YIKES!!!

jesscv
02-25-2010, 08:54 PM
For all you guys who haven't had your surgery yet....don't worry! It will go great! I was SO scared and anxious the months leading up to my operation....and even with some complications I experienced, I'd still do it all over again! I'm 11 months post op and feel amazing! One thing that has helped me immensely in terms of regaining my overall strength and mobility is pilates....so much that I'm currently in the process of becoming certified so I can teach others. It has seriously helped me so much; I'm so much stronger than I was before surgery. Good luck!!

Radiogirl
02-25-2010, 09:07 PM
Jess -How long after surgery did you start Pilates? I do yoga now and am having surgery 3/31...I probably wont be able to do that for quite a while after surgery...but maybe pilates would be better??? Not as much twisting as yoga???

RitaR
02-25-2010, 10:48 PM
Thanks Jess. That makes me feel much better already just knowing that. Yup, surgery on Monday and I'm getting kinda nervous, can you tell?

JenniferG
02-26-2010, 12:57 AM
haha Ed, you got me too. When will I learn..?:D

I have one pic of myself in the hospital. No-one will ever see it.

But if I looked like Megs, I'd be proud to post it!

RitaR
02-26-2010, 06:42 AM
Ed, I'm going to keep a close eye on my med students in my room. I just bet at least one of them will resemble that one.... Ha!

jesscv
03-02-2010, 09:54 AM
I began pilates-based rehab/physical therapy on the Reformer at 3 months post-op. I couldn't do much on the machine then, but it was good to get my muscles firing that soon. I took my first pilates class at six months post-op and I was in pretty good shape then. Obviously some restrictions since I don't have much articulation of my spine, but fortunately with pilates, there are modifications for just about any condition/injury. :)

titaniumed
03-02-2010, 10:15 AM
Jess

You are about a year out. Any thoughts on skiing or boarding?

I always refer to skiing, which is something my boarder buddies have gotten used to. Ive done it all, including ski biking. Ski biking is the most radical thing I have ever done. Its truly insane.

I gave by ski bike away. Its just way too dangerous.

Here are some pics
http://www.ski-bike.org/gallery.html
Ed

LynetteG
03-02-2010, 10:25 AM
Ed - I had never heard of a ski bike before till now. That looks like sooo much fun - but definitely not something I would even consider after spinal surgery - geez wish I'd known about it a few years ago though :)

jesscv
03-02-2010, 04:43 PM
I have not been snowboarding post-op yet, and I am very nervous about it! I guess I'm cleared to go this month (my one year is March 25!!) but I think I'm going to wait until next season because I'm too worried about falling. And when you're not confident when riding, that's never good...that's when you fall. Ahhh. I don't think I'll ever do jumps again, though. :/ We'll see.

pmsmom
03-03-2010, 09:24 AM
That's great, Ed! My dd and I had a good laugh (I needed one today).

But the swelling is normal I hear. My dd gained 11 lbs from all the fluids, plus she had temporary renal failure. :eek:

Then she was on the "oxycontin" diet when she was home and got *real* thin.

I don't think she's back to her pre-op weight yet (at 6 months post op) but her appetite did come back.

Marian

debbei
03-03-2010, 09:43 AM
Jess

You are about a year out. Any thoughts on skiing or boarding?

I always refer to skiing, which is something my boarder buddies have gotten used to. Ive done it all, including ski biking. Ski biking is the most radical thing I have ever done. Its truly insane.

I gave by ski bike away. Its just way too dangerous.

Here are some pics
http://www.ski-bike.org/gallery.html
Ed

Good Lord Ed,

you are just a daredevil at heart, aren't you? :D I'm so glad I was born a chicken. My back is glad too. :)