PDA

View Full Version : Leaving for Pre-op with Lenke Tomorrow

Radiogirl
02-22-2010, 09:36 PM
Hi Guys, I am leaving tomorrow night flying into St. Louis to be at my 7am preop appt at Lenke's. I have a fear that I am forgetting things to ask him....any pointers??? I have a list like, when to stop my b/c pills and supplements, will I have PT after...but I know I'm forgetting something! Any last minute pre-op advice guys???? I'm going to look up RitaR..she has her pre-op on the same day!

Radiogirl
02-22-2010, 09:37 PM
Ooops! I just saw Lynettes thread that basically talks about this subject...I'll just tag along on that one! :)

LindaRacine
02-22-2010, 09:52 PM
Hi Laura...

Dr. Lenke's nurse will spend a lot of time with you at your preop appointment, and will go over all of the medications you take.

Good luck!

Regards,
Linda

titaniumed
02-22-2010, 10:25 PM
Laura,Rita

They more than likely will have standard scoli surgery instructions printed out.

Be sure to ask and get Dr Lenke's nurses e-mail address. Im sure they will be more than happy to answer any questions via e-mail for you.

There will be something you will forget to ask. They will understand that.
Ed

LynetteG
02-23-2010, 04:59 AM
Good luck Laura - looking forward to hearing your news and answers to your questions :) I'll be thinking about you!!

ddb
02-23-2010, 09:19 AM
good luck Laura!!

Dee

Doodles
02-23-2010, 12:54 PM
For both of you Kelly, Dr. Lenke's nurse, is good at answering questions by e-mail. I've sent many. Hoping all goes well! Janet

leahdragonfly
02-23-2010, 01:58 PM
Hi Laura,

I'm not sure if you are staying in a hotel there--We are headed to St Louis Shriners in May for VBS with Dr Luhmann. I learned that the St Louis Hilton Frontenac, which looks quite nice, has a patient discount rate of ~ $55/night. I believe this is in proximity to the area hospitals.

Good luck, and safe travels,

mgs
02-23-2010, 03:07 PM
Hi Laura,

I'm not sure if you are staying in a hotel there--We are headed to St Louis Shriners in May for VBS with Dr Luhmann. I learned that the St Louis Hilton Frontenac, which looks quite nice, has a patient discount rate of ~ $55/night. I believe this is in proximity to the area hospitals.

Good luck, and safe travels,

Frontenac is not exactly in the backyard of downtown St. Louis, nor of Barnes. . .but, it's a pretty direct shot (just avoid rush hour!) and Frontenac is a very nice suburb. Great rate!!

I grew up there.

osumike
02-23-2010, 04:03 PM
I learned that the St Louis Hilton Frontenac, which looks quite nice, has a patient discount rate of ~ $55/night.

Man you really got my hopes up about that price!...Ill be in St. Louis seeing Dr. Bridwell next week for 3 days. I just called that hotel, and that is the price for the shriners hospital.Its $119 per nite for Barnes-Jewish hospital...

gmw
02-23-2010, 04:28 PM
Thoughts and prayers are with you Laura. Will look forward to hearing how it goes.

RitaR
02-23-2010, 06:25 PM
How far is Hilton frontenac from Barnes Jewish? Does anyone know?

mgs
02-23-2010, 06:47 PM
How far is Hilton frontenac from Barnes Jewish? Does anyone know?

With parking and getting into the building and figuring out where you need to go (the place is huge!). . .give yourself 45 mins, just to be on the safe side. Since you have to be there at 7, I wouldn't think that traffic will be a problem, so your travel time will be around 15 minutes.

Your hotel is on Lindberg, and is quite close to 64, known until a year or so ago as "Hwy 40" - lots of us will never adapt to the name change, so if people say 40, they mean 64 :) - and Barnes is just off the Kingshighway exit.

Safe travel!

RitaR
02-23-2010, 07:03 PM
Thanks mgs. Appreciate the info. I found it on Google maps.