PDA

View Full Version : Packed for St. Louis

RitaR
02-22-2010, 02:21 PM
Well, I have to say - I think we're almost ready to head East to St. Louis. Wish the next week was over with and it was Mar 1st tomorrow. I'm so ready to get this over with. I know it's going to be an uphill battle, but nothing that I can't handle. I've got things to do after I get "straight", so not going to let this hold me down any longer than I have to.... (yeah right!!!)
I'm going to be positive about this and just handle it as it comes. I will talk to you as we conquer the next week.
Thanks to you all for your encouragement and please continue those wonderful thoughts as I make my journey to the "other side" of recovery period....

txmarinemom
02-22-2010, 02:50 PM
Well, I have to say - I think we're almost ready to head East to St. Louis. Wish the next week was over with and it was Mar 1st tomorrow. I'm so ready to get this over with. I know it's going to be an uphill battle, but nothing that I can't handle. I've got things to do after I get "straight", so not going to let this hold me down any longer than I have to.... (yeah right!!!)
I'm going to be positive about this and just handle it as it comes. I will talk to you as we conquer the next week.
Thanks to you all for your encouragement and please continue those wonderful thoughts as I make my journey to the "other side" of recovery period....

You're going to do just fine, sweetheart - and your mind is right: This stage is merely a temporary valley to the rest of your life. I can't wait to hear good things from you.

Keep the long term benefits in mind and you'll make it through. Attitude is so crucial ... visualize, visualize, visualize! :)

Pam

titaniumed
02-22-2010, 03:10 PM
Rita

You can do this. Just remember, were rooting for you....

Ed

RitaR
02-22-2010, 04:30 PM
you guys are all the absolute best!!!!!!! Thanks much. I will keep you all in mind!!!!

mgs
02-22-2010, 04:40 PM
You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Susie*Bee
02-22-2010, 04:57 PM
Mine too. I'll be looking forward to hearing that you are through the surgery and workin' on the recovery part. You'll do great!

LynetteG
02-22-2010, 05:35 PM
Rita - you are in my thoughts and prayers, and like Pam said you have a fantastic attitude which will absolutely get you through. I just need to adopt your attitude :) :)

You'll do great - I just know it. Can't wait to hear all the great news of how great you feel afterwards, and how straight you are.

Love, and hugs to you Rita, God bless,

Lynette.

gmw
02-22-2010, 05:42 PM
Pray all goes well for you Rita. Will look forward to your posts when it's all over.

Glenda

Radiogirl
02-22-2010, 09:32 PM
Rita! I'll be catching up with you tomorrow at Lenke's for my pre-op. It will be good to actually meet someone from here!

Doodles
02-22-2010, 09:58 PM
Rita--Best wishes again for a smooth surgery and recovery. We'll all be thinking of you and praying for a terrific outcome! Janet

JenniferG
02-23-2010, 03:57 AM
Sending cyber hugs and very best wishes from Australia. We'll be thinking of you. You'll do great!

ddb
02-23-2010, 09:16 AM
Sending thoughts of calmness for your nerves, prayers for a smooth surgery, and healing on the other side. See you there!!!

Dee

RitaR
02-23-2010, 06:28 PM
I'm going to check in with you guys on Sun night because I know you're going to make me feel better the night before my surgery. I have to be at preop appt tomorrow morning at 7:30 for my MRI. I hate those things! So uncomfortable laying on that hard table! And, my nose always itches in the middle of the thing!!!!! ha!

jenparker
02-23-2010, 06:37 PM
You will be able to make it through everything! Everyone there at Barnes Jewish was wonderful--explained things, and went out of their way to make me comfortable.

You will be in my thoughts & prayers.

Jen Parker

Shari
02-23-2010, 08:15 PM
Rita,

You will be on my prayer list as well. Hugs to you and yours!!!

Shari

RitaR
02-23-2010, 08:22 PM
The "yours" part is the one who's doing the best here. He doesn't have to lay on that heaven foresaken table in the morning for the MRI, CT scan and Myelogram. I'm thinking there just isn't going to be enough pain pills tomorrow in the world!!!

LynetteG
02-23-2010, 09:14 PM
All the best Rita, can't wait to hear all your news! God bless!

RitaR
02-23-2010, 10:20 PM
Thanks Lynette. I appreciate that so much!!!

joyfull
02-23-2010, 10:30 PM
Rita, I think everyone on this forum is rooting for you; how can you not have a great outcome? Stay as positive as you can and let the medication do its work and relax you. My thoughts are with you. All the best, Joy

jrnyc
02-24-2010, 01:00 AM
hey Rita
you are so brave to go ahead with the earlier surgery date...you will be in my thoughts & prayers for a successful surgery & uneventful recovery!

i know you will do fine! take care & think peaceful thoughts if you can..

jess