Surgery particulars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surgery particulars

Okay here it goes - surgery scheduled for Mar 1st bright and early - they're fusing me T3 to the sacrum/ilius, hardware removal from my previous fusion down low, multi level smith patterson (?) osteotomy, pseudo repair L5-S1, possible transforaminal lumbar fusion L4-5, L5-S1.......
    Anyone want to volunteer for this other than me?????? I know - just kidding...
    Rita Thompson
    Age 46
    Milwaukee Brace wearer for 3 years in childhood
    Surgery Mar 1st - 95 degree thoracic curve
    Surgery by Dr. Lenke, St. Louis, MO
    Post-surgery curve 25-30 degree

Rita, it sounds terrible, but think of it this way, you'll sleep through it! Professionals who are very experienced and highly skilled will be taking care of the details. It helps to put your trust in your surgeon and his team and know he's going to do the absolute best he can for you.

Plus you'll have this forum cheering you on.
    Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
    Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
    T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
    Osteotomies and Laminectomies
    Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

You'll be fine Rita. You will probably wake up and wonder what the fuss was all about!

Lets go - Rita - Lets go (clap, clap)

Best wishes
      Vali
      44 years young! now 45
      Surgery - June 1st, 2009
      Dr David Hall - Adelaide Spine Clinic
      St. Andrews Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia
      Pre-op curve - 58 degree lumbar
      Post -op - 5 degrees
      T11 - S1 Posterior
      L4/5 - L5/S1 Anterior Fusion

Comment

well, rita...i'm not volunteering ...but they tell me i need T11-S1 & L4-sacrum...with bilateral pelvic fixation...that is what the nyc surgeons i consulted with said...

i saw dr anand in CA jan 27th...he does minimally invasive..he agreed on levels but felt i could have minimally invasive with his method...small incisions, no muscle cutting, little to no blood loss, etc...he doesnt take my insurance...am going to see a nyc surgeon mid march to discuss possiblities with him...

best of luck with your surgery...

jess

Comment

You guys are the absolute best!!! Thanks so much. I have to tell you once I finallly made myself read the material describing the particulars of what they plan on doing. Always before I had tucked it away and figured this day was long ways off.....here it is! But, at least I don't have to wait till July. I'll certainly be relieved once it's over with. I guess the rest of the things will fall into place. Thank goodness for a wonderful husband and family!!!!
          Rita Thompson
          Age 46

Comment

Good Luck Rita! I'll be 2 weeks behind you... with it sounds like almost the same surgery. All I know at this point is I get a pedicle subtraction osteotomy and extension of my fusion to the pelvis. Yay... I have my preop appt in a couple of days and hopefully get more details. I know what you mean about all of a sudden the day is coming fast. Now I am getting stressed about getting my nest in order. How about you? So many things to get covered at work and home...and not enough time. Oh well, what will be, will be.
            May 2008 Fusion T4 - S1, Pre-op Curves T45, L70 (age 48). Unsuccessful surgery.

March 18, 2010 (age 50). Revision with L3 Osteotomy, Replacement of hardware T11 - S1 , addition of bilateral pelvic fixation. Correction of sagittal imbalance and kyphosis.

January 24, 2012 (age 52) Revision to repair pseudoarthrosis and 2 broken rods at L3/L4.

Comment

Yup, I agree. All these things to get lined up. Someone to stay with our child and dog. Someone to take care of my things at work. Geesh - wore me out just thinking about it. But, I think we finally are starting to get things in order. Hotel reserv's made, etc. And, I got the world's best hubby too. He's actually going to stay with me some in the hosp - get to love a hubby that will do that!!!!
              Rita Thompson
              Age 46

Comment

Working...
              X