PDA

View Full Version : Surgery particulars

RitaR
02-18-2010, 06:53 PM
Okay here it goes - surgery scheduled for Mar 1st bright and early - they're fusing me T3 to the sacrum/ilius, hardware removal from my previous fusion down low, multi level smith patterson (?) osteotomy, pseudo repair L5-S1, possible transforaminal lumbar fusion L4-5, L5-S1.......
Anyone want to volunteer for this other than me?????? I know - just kidding...

JenniferG
02-18-2010, 10:24 PM
Rita, it sounds terrible, but think of it this way, you'll sleep through it! Professionals who are very experienced and highly skilled will be taking care of the details. It helps to put your trust in your surgeon and his team and know he's going to do the absolute best he can for you.

Plus you'll have this forum cheering you on.:)

Vali
02-19-2010, 04:41 AM
You'll be fine Rita. You will probably wake up and wonder what the fuss was all about!

Lets go - Rita - Lets go (clap, clap)

Best wishes

jrnyc
02-19-2010, 03:47 PM
well, rita...i'm not volunteering :)...but they tell me i need T11-S1 & L4-sacrum...with bilateral pelvic fixation...that is what the nyc surgeons i consulted with said...

i saw dr anand in CA jan 27th...he does minimally invasive..he agreed on levels but felt i could have minimally invasive with his method...small incisions, no muscle cutting, little to no blood loss, etc...he doesnt take my insurance...am going to see a nyc surgeon mid march to discuss possiblities with him...

best of luck with your surgery...

jess

RitaR
02-20-2010, 11:22 AM
You guys are the absolute best!!! Thanks so much. I have to tell you once I finallly made myself read the material describing the particulars of what they plan on doing. Always before I had tucked it away and figured this day was long ways off.....here it is! But, at least I don't have to wait till July. I'll certainly be relieved once it's over with. I guess the rest of the things will fall into place. Thank goodness for a wonderful husband and family!!!!

naptown78
02-21-2010, 02:24 PM
Good Luck Rita! I'll be 2 weeks behind you... with it sounds like almost the same surgery. All I know at this point is I get a pedicle subtraction osteotomy and extension of my fusion to the pelvis. Yay... I have my preop appt in a couple of days and hopefully get more details. I know what you mean about all of a sudden the day is coming fast. Now I am getting stressed about getting my nest in order. How about you? So many things to get covered at work and home...and not enough time. Oh well, what will be, will be.

RitaR
02-21-2010, 04:36 PM
Yup, I agree. All these things to get lined up. Someone to stay with our child and dog. Someone to take care of my things at work. Geesh - wore me out just thinking about it. But, I think we finally are starting to get things in order. Hotel reserv's made, etc. And, I got the world's best hubby too. He's actually going to stay with me some in the hosp - get to love a hubby that will do that!!!!