PDA

View Full Version : I did it! 8 days post-op!!

asha
02-18-2010, 04:42 AM
Wow, I can't believe I'm "on the other side" as they say!! I never thought I would actually be saying that! Oh, it feels so great to be in this phase of my journey. I had surgery Feb. 11th. Looks like I'll be going home on Friday. I went from 50 to 18!! It's been rough, but no complications. I'm so happy.

Jimbo
02-18-2010, 05:03 AM
Oh that feeling of post-surgery delight at having held tough and followed through with the surgery.

Congratulations asha! I wish you a great recovery. The pain and discomfort sucks, but just knowing you had the strength to undergo the surgery will fill you with pride and joy in the painful times :)

Keep us informed of your progress.

Vali
02-18-2010, 06:02 AM
Congratulations asha! Sounds like you upbeat and in good spirit. Best wishes of a speedy and smooth recovery.

debbei
02-18-2010, 06:11 AM
Wow, I can't believe I'm "on the other side" as they say!! I never thought I would actually be saying that! Oh, it feels so great to be in this phase of my journey. I had surgery Feb. 11th. Looks like I'll be going home on Friday. I went from 50 to 18!! It's been rough, but no complications. I'm so happy.

Congratulations and best wishes on an easy recovery. :)

asha
02-18-2010, 10:21 AM
Thanks for all the good wishes. It was all of you who gave me the courage to have this life changing surgery. I look forward to moving on with my life - not thinking about the surgery every minute.

Doodles
02-18-2010, 01:21 PM
Asha--Congrats on your surgery and such a good correction--wonderful news. I wish you a speedy and uneventful recovery! Janet

JenniferG
02-18-2010, 03:13 PM
Congrats Asha, sending best wishes for a smooth and comfy recovery. Let us know how you go.

Radiogirl
02-18-2010, 09:26 PM
Asha, congratulations!!! I am getting so nervous about my upcoming surgery in March. But to hear success stories like yours sure does help. Please keep us posted!

mbeckoff
02-18-2010, 10:35 PM
Congratulations Asha. I am getting anxious about my own surgery .It is in 3 weeks from today but hearing about successes like yours help me

Continue to keep us informed

Melissa

lray
02-19-2010, 02:42 PM
That's great Asha. You seem in good spirits. Best of luck to you in your recovery and congrats for making the decision to have it done! :)

I'll be seeing Dr Gupta in a few months and will make my decision then...

pilar
02-21-2010, 03:48 PM
Hi, Iam so happy to hear you on the other side!
I would like to ask you who was your surgeon? I know you had you surgery at Cedars Sinai, right? how was it?

gmw
02-21-2010, 08:28 PM
Hearing encouraging results like yours, help ease the fears of those of us who haven't made the move to schedule surgery yet. I pray your healing continues.