Matress topper question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matress topper question

I have read through the threads and have made up my mind on a memory foam mattress topper. I am looking at the Serta 4" Ultra

Of course in my mind the thicker the topper the better! I just want my wife to be as comfortable as I can possibly make her!!!!

Insights? Suggestion? Comments? Anyone, Bueller-Bueller....

Pros & Cons on 2" or 4"??????

Thanks guys

Final pre-op next Wed, surgery March 28th...

TobyT! My preop is next Wed and surgery is Mar 31st..so we are close! Who is doing yours? I have a 4" memory foam that I got from Overstock.com, king size and it was about $150. I love it and think it will be perfect for my post op recovery. Good luck...let's compare notes!!!
    Laura
    62 degrees
    49 yrs. young
    Surgery 3/31/10 with Lenke

Before and After pics
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/13749126@N06/

Comment

Originally posted by TobyT View Post
      I have read through the threads and have made up my mind on a memory foam mattress topper. I am looking at the Serta 4" Ultra

Of course in my mind the thicker the topper the better! I just want my wife to be as comfortable as I can possibly make her!!!!

Insights? Suggestion? Comments? Anyone, Bueller-Bueller....

Pros & Cons on 2" or 4"??????

Thanks guys

Final pre-op next Wed, surgery March 28th...
      I have a 3" that I love, but if I were to do it over again, I'd go with the 4"

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
      Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
      Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
      Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
      Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Originally posted by Radiogirl View Post
        TobyT! My preop is next Wed and surgery is Mar 31st..so we are close! Who is doing yours? I have a 4" memory foam that I got from Overstock.com, king size and it was about $150. I love it and think it will be perfect for my post op recovery. Good luck...let's compare notes!!!
        Laura,

Her final Pre-op is next Wed. Dr. Pierce Nunley, spine institute of Louisiana. I am ordering the topper today. Ya'lls journey is ALMOST side by side!

Toby

Comment

We got a 3" memory foam topper at Bed, Bath and Beyond. It's very comfy although I still am not able to last all night in bed due to muscle cramping/spasms. I think eventually it will be great--the only downside is it makes the bed too high for our little terriers to leap off of to chase the cat in the middle of the night!
          Best wishes for your wife's surgery--you have a great support team on the forum cheering you on.

Anne in PA
          Age 58
          Diagnosed at age 14, untreated, no problem until age 50
          T4 to sacrum fusion
          63 thoracic now 35, 92 lumbar now 53
          Dr. Baron Lonner, 2/2/10
          Am pain-free, balanced, happy & an inch taller !

Comment

Toby,

I am having surgery March 11- 3 weeks from today . I just received the 4" mattress topper that you are looking at buying.It is so wonderful now. I am sleeping thru the night now even with all of my pain as oppossed to not having the topper and waking up all the time. You will need longer sheets and a cover for the tooper , while you don't need it is a nice extra to have.Are you ordering from Overstock? I got everything that I needed from them; great prices, great shipping.

Melissa

Comment

Thanks everyone! Ordered from Overstock Thursday!!!!

Comment

I, too, am a Memory Foam lover! I'm into a 3" topper every night and absolutely love it. Hopefully I'll love it in a week when I have surgery too. OMG!!!!!
                Rita Thompson
                Age 46
                Milwaukee Brace wearer for 3 years in childhood
                Surgery Mar 1st - 95 degree thoracic curve
                Surgery by Dr. Lenke, St. Louis, MO
                Post-surgery curve 25-30 degree

Comment

Working...
                X