Menopause

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Menopause

I was involved in a horrible car wreck five years ago, and from that moment on I went full pelt into peri-menopause - and I believe - even though there is no proof of trauma causing this - that the trauma brought it on early for me. Well since all the extra stress most recently, even though my gyno put me on a low dosage birth control pill (Loestrin) to help me with peri-menopause hormonal problems etc., I just recently haven't stopped bleeding (albeit only slight) with light period pains in my tummy. I'm wondering if my recent stress has brought me even closer to the end of peri-menopause into menopause? Anyone else have any experience of this?
    Lynette - 44 years old.

Pre-surgery thoracic 55 degrees
    Pre-surgery lumbar 85 degrees

Post-surgery thoracic 19 degrees
    Post-surgery lumbar 27 degrees

Surgery April 1st 2010.

Posterior spinal fusion from T9 to sacrum.
    Dr. Cronen at University Community Hospital - Tampa, FL.

Hi Lynette...

I had a fairly serious illness about 10 years ago. I also went head first into menopause. I've had 30-40 daily hot flashes a day ever since. I've also had hair thinning ever since.

--Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Linda - That is terrible. Ten years of debilitating hot flashes - that is just awful. Has your gyno put you on anything to help those? That's interesting what happened to you and just proves further to me that trauma can definitely bring it on. Hope you're close to reaching menopause so those hot flashes can be over for you. My mother had told me that when she got close to the menopause, she was bleeding slightly for about six months and then she was done, so I'm hoping in a way that I'm close to menopause. Gosh I just really feel for you, because when I get those hot flashes they just knock me out. That was another reason my gyno put me on Loestrin, which really helped in cutting down the amount of hot flashes I was getting, now I hardly ever get them and they are not quite so debilitating.
      Lynette - 44 years old.

Pre-surgery thoracic 55 degrees
      Pre-surgery lumbar 85 degrees

Post-surgery thoracic 19 degrees
      Post-surgery lumbar 27 degrees

Surgery April 1st 2010.

Posterior spinal fusion from T9 to sacrum.
      Dr. Cronen at University Community Hospital - Tampa, FL.

Comment

Hi Lynette...

Unfortunately, I can't take any of the meds that would help with hot flashes, as I have a blood disorder that makes me vulnerable to strokes. When it all started 10 years ago, I never had another period. I guess that's the good news, although I'd trade that for the hot flashes any day!

Thanks.

--Linda
        Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
        Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
        X