PDA

View Full Version : surgery help back pain?

domkam
02-10-2010, 10:25 PM
Hi all,
I'd like to thank you guys for all the good information. I'm due to have surgery on March 22nd. I have alot of back pain right now. So much so that by the time I'm done with work I have to lie down. My question is this: Is your back pain significantly reduced with this surgery? I have an s curve and their going to put the rod the whole length of my spine along with taking bone from my hip for fusion. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks alot...

LindaRacine
02-10-2010, 11:12 PM
Hi all,
I'd like to thank you guys for all the good information. I'm due to have surgery on March 22nd. I have alot of back pain right now. So much so that by the time I'm done with work I have to lie down. My question is this: Is your back pain significantly reduced with this surgery? I have an s curve and their going to put the rod the whole length of my spine along with taking bone from my hip for fusion. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks alot...
Hi...

What you're describing is pretty much what many of us have had as far as surgery. As I'm sure your surgeon told you, there are no guarantees as far as pain reduction, but I've met very few people who didn't have significant pain reduction.

Good luck.

Regards,
Linda

jrnyc
02-11-2010, 01:00 AM
Hi domcam
welcome...i hope your surgery goes smoothly & your healing is uneventful & fast...

i didnt see a mention of where you live or what hospital you will be in...?

best of luck
jess

JenniferG
02-11-2010, 03:22 AM
All the very best domkam. I am sure you won't regret having the surgery!

debbei
02-11-2010, 04:10 AM
Hi all,

I can only speak for myself, but all of my presurgical pain is gone, and has been from the time I woke up from surgery.

Good luck to you!

Jimbo
02-11-2010, 06:12 AM
Well from what I can tell right now 16 days after my surgery all of my pre-op pains are now gone.

Only time will tell though.

Vali
02-11-2010, 06:19 AM
I can only speak for myself, but all of my presurgical pain is gone, and has been from the time I woke up from surgery.

Good luck to you!

Ditto from me on this one!:):):)

domkam
02-11-2010, 07:57 AM
Hi domcam
welcome...i hope your surgery goes smoothly & your healing is uneventful & fast...

i didnt see a mention of where you live or what hospital you will be in...?

best of luck
jess

I live in Olympia Washington and my surgery will be at Capital Medical Center...

ADMoul
02-11-2010, 07:08 PM
I am only 9 days post op and of course am loaded with post-op pain but, my other pain is gone. I can walk for the first time in almost 3 years without any of that leg pain, aching, tingling, etc. So, even this early out, I can tell a difference. Am very encouraged even at this difficult stage in recovery. Welcome to the forum!

txmarinemom
02-14-2010, 10:32 AM
... My question is this: Is your back pain significantly reduced with this surgery? ...

For me, my worst day now (post-op) is 1000 times better than my *best* pre-op day.

I'm just past 2 years from surgery, but I've been saying the same thing from very early on.

Regards,
Pam