New, child having rod surgery next month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New, child having rod surgery next month

Hello, all! I'm new to the board, but not new to dealing with my child's scoliosis, unfortunately. My daughter was first diagnosed when she was about a year and a half old, and now she's three. Despite bracing, her "s" curve has worsened (64 degrees top and 100 degrees bottom) and she's having growing rods placed early next month. We have a lot of trust in our surgeon, but we're nervous, of course. I'll probably be popping in now and again for advice on recovery, etc.

Welcome to the boards. There are others here who have experience with growing rods who should be able to provide advice or answers when needed. Good luck and let us all know how it goes.
    daughter, 12, diagnosed 8/07 with 19T/13L
    -Braced in spinecor 10/07 - 8/12 with excellent in brace correction and stable/slightly decreased out of brace curves.
    -Introduced Providence brace as adjunct at night in 11/2011 in anticipation of growth spurt. Curves still stable.
    -Currently in Boston Brace. Growth spurt is here and curves (and rotation) have increased to 23T/17L

Comment

Welcome aboard. You're going to love all the postings here - has helped me immensely just to know I'm not alone in all these weird feelings we experience. Just someone else telling you that they too have had the same symptoms or even something similar makes you feel a little more at ease. Keep us posted on these growing rods. I'm intrigued.
      Rita Thompson
      Age 46
      Milwaukee Brace wearer for 3 years in childhood
      Surgery Mar 1st - 95 degree thoracic curve
      Surgery by Dr. Lenke, St. Louis, MO
      Post-surgery curve 25-30 degree

Comment

Working...
      X