1st Timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Timer

Hi, My name is Leyda . I live in Miami, FL . I've had scoliosi since I was a child but for financial reasons my mother wasn't able to do anything. I am now 26 with a 15 month old son and will be having surgery. My curverture is 89% which is really bad, I'm always in pain but more so since I had the baby(running around and picking him up).I can't do most any normal activity without pain such as walking or sitting for a long time, cleaning my house or carry my son which is the most upsetting, I wear baggy clothes and don't even own a bathing suit. Can you imagine living near the beach and never going for fear of people looking at me like i'm some freak? I am terrified, I never needed surgery for anything in my life. My second appointment is Oct. 15 and I would like to know what kind of questions I should ask? I'm am so glad I'm not alone.
    Last edited by gotleyd; 10-06-2004, 03:32 PM.

Leyda,
    Hi ,
    I have 3 pages of questions if U need them just email me privately and I'll send them 2 U...also. You may think about when to have the surgery..b/c it would be very difficult for you to lift your baby after surgery...I'm 3 months post up and I have trouble lifting a gallon of milk....welcome to this sight...U will recieve great information from a great bunch of people...good luck
    CONNIE

Surgery June 28th 2004
    fused T4 -L3
    Hip graft
    Grown 1 1/2 inches
    25/o upper T 15/o
    53/o T 15/o
    37/o L 6/o
    Dr. Micheal Nuewirth
    New York City

August 6, 2004
    Pulmonary Embolism