PDA

View Full Version : Anne in York's surgery

ADMoul
02-02-2010, 09:03 PM
This is Anne's husband, Brian, and I hope I'm doing this correctly.
Anne's surgery was today (Tuesday). She's stable, but there was significant blood loss as she required 8 pints. Due to the blood loss, Dr. Lonner needed to shorten the surgery somewhat (if you call 8 hours "short") so he couldn't do everything he had hoped. There is significant curve correction though, and we'll see where we go once we figure out the cause of the blood loss. Anne wasn't taking any blood thinning medication or Vitamin E and when she donated blood in the past she would occasionally have trouble because her blood clotted too much. Baffling..........
You folks have been very inspirational and encouraging to Anne and when she's able you'll be the first contacts.
I'll try to respond but if you don't hear anything don't hesitate to contact me at golfnband@comcast.net
Thanks again.

Doodles
02-02-2010, 09:26 PM
Thanks for giving that info for all of us. So happy to hear she got significant correction. I hope they figure out the blood loss situation. I know I was given 6 units during my 10 hour surgery--just reread the surgery notes-- and 4 more units a few days later, so it certainly happens. Interesting about her donations previously because I gave blood once, passed out, and was really sick for 24 hours. They told me never to donate again. Continued good thoughts and prayers for you and Anne for a good recovery. Janet

RitaR
02-02-2010, 10:12 PM
Good luck to you and Anne. Congrats on the significant correction. Not to worry about the blood loss issue - they will take good care of that I'm sure. Please feel free to contact us if we can do anything for you or her. And, as soon as you can, please tell her she is in our thoughts.

joyfull
02-02-2010, 10:38 PM
Brian, Send best wishes to Anne. Glad it is behind her. I'll be seeing Dr. Lonner. Now she just has to concentrate on healing. All the best, Joy

JenniferG
02-02-2010, 11:01 PM
Thank you Brian!

I also needed 6 units of blood, four on the day, another couple I think 1-2 days later. Glad to hear he achieved a good correction. Do you know what it was he was unable to get done before he closed?

I hope Anne recovers well. The best of luck to you both.

jrnyc
02-03-2010, 03:49 AM
Great Anne...you will be OK...whatever is needed next will happen...just so gald you came out of OR & are starting healing process...Brian please tell her we kept her in our thoughts & prayers all day...& will continue to do so!

hope she feels better each day.....thanks for letting us know, Brian
i'll be seeing Dr Lonner soon...

jess

Susie*Bee
02-03-2010, 05:26 AM
Thanks for the info, Brian. You both are in my thoughts and prayers. This is the tough part, but it does get better with time. Many of us have been through this, and know what you both are going through. You will see a lot of progress in the next few weeks, so just take it one day at a time. She will need your encouragement and support, both physically and mentally. Don't forget to take care of yourself too. Gentle hugs...

ADMoul
02-03-2010, 06:28 AM
Good luck to you and Anne. Congrats on the significant correction. Not to worry about the blood loss issue - they will take good care of that I'm sure. Please feel free to contact us if we can do anything for you or her. And, as soon as you can, please tell her she is in our thoughts.

Thanks. I'll try to keep everyone updated.
Brian

ADMoul
02-03-2010, 06:29 AM
Thanks for the info, Brian. You both are in my thoughts and prayers. This is the tough part, but it does get better with time. Many of us have been through this, and know what you both are going through. You will see a lot of progress in the next few weeks, so just take it one day at a time. She will need your encouragement and support, both physically and mentally. Don't forget to take care of yourself too. Gentle hugs...

Thanks a lot. We'll try to keep in touch.
Brian

ADMoul
02-03-2010, 06:31 AM
Thanks for giving that info for all of us. So happy to hear she got significant correction. I hope they figure out the blood loss situation. I know I was given 6 units during my 10 hour surgery--just reread the surgery notes-- and 4 more units a few days later, so it certainly happens. Interesting about her donations previously because I gave blood once, passed out, and was really sick for 24 hours. They told me never to donate again. Continued good thoughts and prayers for you and Anne for a good recovery. Janet

Thanks a lot. That's reassuring. We'll try to keep everyone updated.
Brian

ADMoul
02-03-2010, 06:33 AM
Thank you Brian!

I also needed 6 units of blood, four on the day, another couple I think 1-2 days later. Glad to hear he achieved a good correction. Do you know what it was he was unable to get done before he closed?

I hope Anne recovers well. The best of luck to you both.

Thanks for the info. Not exactly sure what Dr. Lonner was able to get done. I'll try to find out today.

Brian

ADMoul
02-03-2010, 06:35 AM
Great Anne...you will be OK...whatever is needed next will happen...just so gald you came out of OR & are starting healing process...Brian please tell her we kept her in our thoughts & prayers all day...& will continue to do so!

hope she feels better each day.....thanks for letting us know, Brian
i'll be seeing Dr Lonner soon...

jess

Thanks a lot. We'll see what today brings.
Brian

ADMoul
02-03-2010, 06:36 AM
Brian, Send best wishes to Anne. Glad it is behind her. I'll be seeing Dr. Lonner. Now she just has to concentrate on healing. All the best, Joy

Thanks. I'll keep you updated.
Brian

debbei
02-03-2010, 08:44 AM
Brian,

thank you so much for the update. I know how nervous Anne was--we've all been there. Give her a gentle little hug from me.

Shari
02-04-2010, 10:39 AM
Brian,

It has always made me smile when a husband or boyfriend takes the time to get on here and update the rest of us.:)

Hope she gets home soon, and all is well.

Best Wishes for Anne and you,
Shari

mbeckoff
02-04-2010, 11:06 AM
Brian,

Hope Anne is doing well today

Give her my best wishes

Melissa

jrnyc
02-04-2010, 11:52 AM
i got an e mail last nite that doctors are asking for a hematologist to figure out what happened with Anne's bleeding..and that the question of more surgery needed is still up in the air..& also there is a chance Anne could go home for a bit even if more surgery is needed...that was from her husband Brian...i dontknow how to "copy & paste" the e mail here...so my husband will do it tonite when he gets home...as requested...i am untalented and uneducated when it comes to computers...& we dont like each other, either! sorry about that...

jess

mbeckoff
02-04-2010, 11:54 AM
Re: the computer remark- I agree - I and they do not get along at all.
Melissa

i got an e mail last nite that doctors are asking for a hematologist to figure out what happened with Anne's bleeding..and that the question of more surgery needed is still up in the air..& also there is a chance Anne could go home for a bit even if more surgery is needed...that was from her husband Brian...i dontknow how to "copy & paste" the e mail here...so my husband will do it tonite when he gets home...as requested...i am untalented and uneducated when it comes to computers...& we dont like each other, either! sorry about that...

jess

ADMoul
02-05-2010, 04:48 PM

jess

You did great! Thanks!
Brian:)

ADMoul
02-05-2010, 04:51 PM
Will do - it's a slow go, but we're getting there.
Brian

Shari
02-07-2010, 11:17 PM
Your a good man Brian,

Trust me, we'll get though any mistakes you think you might make, ands so far none!!!

Just let Anne know we are all thinking about her, and you are doing just fine!!!

Shari