my life is changing to quikly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my life is changing to quikly

hi im paige jenns duater. i just went to a docter appoitment and they said my back had gotten a lot worse. thats not even half it though. im realy worried and would really like someone to talk to anyone that sees this please write me back
    Jenn

Hi Paige!

I am the mom to 2 children with scoliosis. I don't know how you feel, but I know a little bit about how your mom feels. Having scoliosis can be a frightening thing. Having back surgery is scary. But, if your doctors have lots of experience, and this is the right thing for you, then you will be okay. I think it's a good idea to get a notepad and write down how you feel. Have one page for questions for the doctor. Ask the doctor what they plan to do for pain control after the surgery. Ask them things like what can they do to help your anxiety before the surgery. Ask them anything you feel you need to. Also, if you are having surgery at a children's hospital, they should have a Child Life department. The Child Life people are there to help make the hospital stay (including surgery) a better experience. You can take a tour of the hospital before your surgery so you can know what to expect. Things like that. There is a good website that has lots of Frequently Asked Questions about scoliosis surgery. It is one of the links on this site:

http://www.iscoliosis.com

And, there is a good messageboard for kids going through various stages of scoliosis treatment here:

http://www.spinekids.com

Good luck and keep us posted!
    Carmell
    mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

Hi Paige,
      Im 15 years old. I do not know how old you are but Im sure your around my age. I had back surgery last year (14) and I can help you if you have any questions at all. Do you have a messenger (AOL, yahoo, msn?) If you do leave your name and I'll add you so we can keep in touch. My info is on my profile. Hope to talk to ya soon until then stay strong and believe me it will all be worth it in the end. I dont know about you but my figure was messed up (higher shoulder and hip) due to my spine, now my figure is fine Take care of yourself.
      ~Tonya

Comment

Paige
        Wanted to let you know that although you may feel scared now, that surgery is probably the best choice for you! Other wise, if you don't treat it now, your back may get even worse and you could get really bad aches or your shoulders and hips might get even more crooked. So when you are in the hospital or recovering at home, or even 5 months after surgery, just remember that it is TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!
        Lisa

Comment

hi tonya i have yahoo and my email is goodgirl1012004 i do have a lot of questions to. like how long did it take to get back to school......... do you still have pain and really noticable scares...... things like that. wats your email anyway??? write me.
          xoxo,
          Paige
          Jenn

Comment

Working...
          X